Conventional dental fillings are a mixture of metals consisting of approximately 50% mercury, followed by silver, copper, tin and zinc. Most people are unaware that their so-called silver fillings are composed primarily of mercury, which is a potent neurotoxin.
Studies have shown that over time, mercury leaches out of the fillings in the form of vapor or abraded particles. Where does it go? Some of the mercury is swallowed as it can mix with foods, some may be inhaled in the form of vapor, and some may be exhaled.